Suspected Child Abuse Within The Provision Procedure
Statement of Intent
If an allegation of child abuse is made against a member of staff, which could be by a parent or colleague, an immediate and thorough investigation will be conducted by the Designated Safeguarding Officer in conjunction with the child’s parents and the CAT Preschools Directors.
- The staff member, or volunteer, against whom the allegations have been made will be suspended pending further investigation on full pay;
- The matter will be referred to the Local Authority and every co-operation afforded to any investigation by Police and Social Services;
- Ofsted will be notified of the allegations and informed of the outcome;
- The child’s parents will be kept fully informed throughout;
- Staff will need to work with the child and their family to offer them support and rebuild trust;
- The staff will be supported throughout by the Designated Safeguarding Officer and CAT Preschools Directors;
- The provision will need to check its policies and procedures and review as necessary in light of the allegations and the outcome of any investigation.