Maintaining Children's Safety and Security on Premises Policy
Statement of Intent
We maintain the highest possible security of our premises to ensure that each child is safely cared for during their time with us.
Children's personal safety
- We ensure all staff have been checked for criminal records by an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- All children are supervised by adults at all times.
- Whenever children are on the premises at least two adults are present.
- We carry out daily risk assessments to ensure children are not made vulnerable within any part of our premises, nor by any activity.
- Systems are in place for the safe arrival and departure of children.
- The times of the children's arrivals and departures are recorded on daily registers
- The arrival and departure times of adults, staff, volunteers and visitors are recorded on daily registers
- Our systems prevent unauthorised access to our premises.
- Our systems prevent children from leaving our premises unnoticed.
- We challenge anybody who is not familiar to staff
- We ensure that personal possessions, including mobile phones belonging to staff and volunteers are securely stored during sessions.