Sports Premium Funding
Chulmleigh Primary School has been in receipt of additional government funding specified as 'Sport Premium' since its introduction in September 2013.For the 2016/17 academic year each school in England will hope to receive £8000 plus £5 per child on roll.
We aim to utilise this extra funding to improve all aspects of Physical Activity.This includes maximising pupil progress, increasing participation in sport, professional development of staff and helping all our pupils to develop healthy lifestyles and positive attitudes towards Physical Education.
At Chulmleigh Primary School, we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of the children. We believe that an innovative, varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all our children.
Our Primary School Sport’s Funding will enable us to continue and extend our provision through employing additional sports professionals, entering into more competitive sports competitions and training our staff to deliver in-house quality PE sessions.
During the 2016/17 academic year, the sports premium funding will provide:
- Training for all teaching staff in gymnastics, outdoor education and dance.
- Football and Frisbee sessions led by experienced coaches from Saints Southwest Football Club
- Weekly after school football club sessions delivered by Saints Southwest coaches.
- Curriculum dance sessions with a specialist dance coach.
- money towards some of the cost of transport to a local swimming pool and pool hire to enable all children to have swimming lessons taught by experienced swimming teachers.
PE and Sport Premium for Primary Schools
Chulmleigh Primary School
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
The PE and Sport Premium should be used to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
In 2015-16 the school received: £8,770
The funding was spent in the following way:
Arsenal Soccer schools £5,750
Cricket lessons £285
Gymnastics club £1,650
Swimming lessons £1,434
Tag Rugby coaching £300
Total expenditure £9,419
In 2016-17 the school will receive: £8,800
This will fund:
Arsenal Soccer School: £6,725
Two sports coaches (1.5 days per week)
Swimming lessons: £950
Hire of bus
Swimming coach (10 hours)
Gymnastics teacher: £750
Administration cover time for PE Co-ordinator £375
Total expenditure £8,800
The effect of the premium on pupils’ PE and sport participation and attainment
The effect is that children are having specialist teachers teaching their PE and will develop skills and aptitudes to reflect this.
How we’ll make sure these improvements are sustainable:
The improvements are sustainable as the teachers watch and assist in lessons, therefore up-levelling their own skills for the future.