Parental Involvement Policy
Statement of Intent
We believe that children benefit most from education and care when parents and staff work together in partnership.
Our aim is to support parents as their children’s first and most important educators by involving them in their children’s education and in the full life of the Preschool. We also aim to support parents in their own continuing education and personal development.
In order to fulfil these aims:
- We are committed to ongoing dialogue with parents to improve our knowledge of the needs of their children and to support their families.
- Through access to written information and through regular informal communication, we inform all parents about how the preschool is run and it’s policies. We try to ensure parents understand the information which is given to them.
- We inform all parents on a regular basis about their children’s progress.
- We involve parents in the shared online Learning Journey (Tapestry) about their children, either formally or informally, and ensure parents have access.
- We provide opportunities for parents to contribute their own skills, knowledge and interests to the activities of the preschool.
- We inform parents about relevant training.
- We endeavour to provide suitable meeting times.
- We hold meetings in venues which are accessible and appropriate for all.
- We welcome the contributions of parents, in whatever form these may take.
- We inform all parents of the systems for registering queries, complaints or suggestions and check to ensure these are understood. All parents have access to our written complaints procedure.
- We provide opportunities for parents to learn about the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum and about young children’s learning, in the preschool and at home.