Reflections on My Key Principles
I have spent some time reflecting on and reviewing my own main principles about Education. This blog post highlights five I feel are extremely important.
As Chair of the Board of Directors I have my own key principles about Education that highlight the reason I undertake the role and underpin my purpose and thinking. I have spent some time reflecting on and reviewing my own principles and this has helped reinforce my resolve for high standards and good outcomes for all children and young people living in the area. The following are five principles I hold as important for me.
- Education does have an impact on the life-chances of all children and young people.
- Learning with consistency, continuity and progression from 0 to 19 is vital.
- The achievement and personal and social development of every child really does matter.
- The quality of teaching is the essential factor; the effectiveness of leadership is the critical factor.
- In education collaboration and team must be about improvement and achievement.